Thursday 6 August 2015

Sequencing - Work Diary

When taking these sequencing photographs, I had already done research as to what I could do with sequencing and what other people had done. I felt like a lot of photographers work was a lot more in depth, and they featured many action sequences in which people were playing sports or playing games with a high shutter speed. During this shoot, we went out in groups to the field and made our own sequencing photographs. The first I took was off Josh, instead of taking pictures of him moving, I decided to place him on a bench and take numerous photographs of him sat in different parts of the bench. This was more challenging than it seems and I had to take some photographs twice to ensure that I didn't overlap the photographs. When I went into photoshop, I then placed the images over each other one at a time on different layers, when I did so, I had to erase Josh in his new position and then watch as all five of him came together. It was much tougher than I thought, as I had to ensure I was so careful with what I had erased, if I accidentally went over the outline I would have had to redo that whole later all again, which is a problem that I had to do several times. Looking back at it, I feel as though it went well as I have placed five of Josh over each other and I have created a sequence that I am proud of. 


Following the first image, we then had to make sequences which we didn't overlap, but we placed in a multiple imagery style row. We all came up with our own ideas of what we wanted to do. In this shoot, I decided to take my three models and make them sit down after each other. The results of the images placed together shows them in a sequence, however I do not like it as much as the one above. I prefer sequences that are merged in one image as appose to being split up into there own separate ones, however I like it just as much all the same. 

Progression:

In the future, I wish to take action sequences which show a transition and movement from the start to the end of the image. An example is the following, which shows a man jumping from a rock and the different points of him leaping through the air onto the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment