Thursday 6 August 2015

Image within Image - Work Diary

The first image I took for the Image within Image topic was one of my favourite pictures I have taken in photography. When we went out, I found a location in which I could photograph Josh with his frame, however it was not dull and stood out. I also wanted a contrast between him and the background, and therefore I changed the depth of field to blur it out slightly. I took the photographs both landscape and portrait, with the frame turning at the same time so that I could crop the image and place it in. The shoot was successful, as I love the final turn out. It was much harder cropping the image and making it fit in the frame, so I had to go back and take a new picture where the frame wasn't wonky, overall it was a simple concept which involved me placing each new picture inside the frame until the pixels were so small that I couldn't have seen the frame anymore. 


Alongside placing a video inside an image, I created an image in which we took the background and placed it in the frame. This gave the effect that Josh had a hole taken out of him and we could therefore see through the frame into the background. When I took the image, I held the camera on a tripod to ensure it didn't move at all when Josh stepped into the frame and I took another photograph. When I placed it into photoshop, it took less than a minute to edit it, however the results are just as effective. We can see the background perfectly through Josh. One problem I do have with the image is that it is not clear enough that the background is identical, this may be because there is not a prominent background or something that stands out. Therefore, in the future, I will choose a background where it is more noticeable than a few twigs on a tree. 


Progression

In the future, I wish to do this on other items instead of a frame. For example, I could take these image within images and place them inside computer screens and phone screens. I could also do it inside a TV. 


No comments:

Post a Comment