Thursday 6 August 2015

Illustrated Project Proposal




One of the main reasons I want to use beauty as my starting point is because I feel I could go in a lot of different directions with it. Many of my favourite photographers that I have studied, do so in the beauty and advertising industry where most of there images are used in campaigns. Beauty doesn’t just have to be about beautiful people, as everyones ideas of beauty is different. Therefore, I could take my personal project and go in so many different places. One topic I have always been keen on studying is beauty within nature, I could look at animals and other mammals and look at the beauty that makes up the world. I could also look at other peoples perception of beauty. Stripping people off of make up, and looking at beauty in a different context. I am going to start this topic by looking at what I feel is beauty, and I am going to take portraits of people. I am then going to take pictures of models, but I am going to ask them to dress and make themselves how they feel beautiful themselves. After this, I am going to take Beauty, and look at work that has influenced me. Already, I have found a photographer who studies beauty and applies it to all of his work. His name is David Benoliel. 

David Benoliel is a beauty photographer who currently lives in Miami, Florida. Benoliel focuses on capturing professional-quality photographs whilst also experimented with post-processing and photo manipulation. The two photographs above are taken from his online portfolio. I have chosen these two especially because of the strong features that boost. Colour and contrast are the two elements that are the strongest within the two photographs, by using a dramatic and vivid contrast of colour it makes the photograph interesting and beautiful. The use of make up and retouching has given the models flawless skin although the way that Benoleil has captured this is fascination. By using strong contrasts such as a midnight blue against the pale and highlighted face, it captures the viewers attention. In these photos, beauty has been portrayed by using female models to emphasise make-up and other commercial products.  Another aspect of the photograph that interested me was the angle that they were both captures. Each photograph is different, one being a longer and wider shot to capture the body and the other is a close-up focusing heavily on the woman's enhanced features. I could approach my topic of beauty by using female or male models to take portraits that have bold contrasts and use colour to emphaises and show the viewer something.








No comments:

Post a Comment