Saturday 12 December 2015

Shoot 5 - Eyebrows - Work Diary and Technique

Evaluation
When studying the beauty topic, I have noticed all magazines which publish studio images of celebrities manipulate their appearance in photoshop. Therefore, to keep my work similar and try and recreate images in the beauty scene, I have also decided to teach myself how to airbrush and edit Beauty images on Photoshop. As we can see from the image below, I have edited Vandana to conform to these expectations. This included me firstly applying the RGB and selecting a colour filter of 'Yellow'. By doing this I was able to see the skins surface much easier as a lot of colour was drawn out. I then inverted this so that I would be able to paint over the bits I want to filter out. This was known as the Flaws process. Following this, I smoothed out the skin using a filter technique which takes away certain flaws - which do not conform to the beauty industry. I found this an extremely hard photograph to edit, as I feel like the positioning of the model as well as the lighting and her skin tone - was something new to me. Although, it has enabled me to learn how to airbrush successfully - to conform my work to that of the beauty industry. Below, you can see the technique I went through summed in a few images and also the final image which has been airbrushed.

Technique






Edited Image:

Progression

In my next shoot, I aim to experiment more with the makeup choice and use a softer background. I feel like using a white background, will give a stronger contrast and brighten the models face. I will then experiment with a bolder colour, perhaps on the lips to enhance femininity. I also want to incorporate the colour gels, to give different tones on the face and highlight different parts of her face. I will also try and use different angles and compose the model in different ways.

2 comments:

  1. a good level of retouching is achieved here.. there may be some argument in taking the retouching further removing loose hairs… or using the liquify tool… Only do this if you feel competent enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. camera settings, lighting equipment.. formal elements, composition… model pose, connotations glamour, beauty, denotations formal/informal, stature, etc. light meter readings

    ReplyDelete